On Map #3:
- Full color map on front, detailed directions and ride descriptions on back
- 400+ miles of the best rides boldly highlighted in red
- Good connecting roads highlighted in blue
- 100+ miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Closest gas station to each Parkway exit, including remotely located stations
- Points of interest: Scenic points, waterfalls, motorcycle-friendly stops, etc.
- Easy to read color-coded road labels to aid navigation
- Mileage between road segments shown
- Overlaps and connects with adjacent maps
Cities and Towns:
Virginia: Marion, Atkins, Rural Retreat, Wytheville, Galax, Hillsville, Independence, Stuart, Floyd, Meadows of Dan
North Carolina: Jefferson, West Jeferson, Sparta, Dobson, White Plains, Mt Airy, Pilot Mountain, Danbury
- Handy, easy-to-use, accessible pocket-size - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and 11" x 17" unfolded
Explore an amazing wealth of two lane back roads which connect to and lie in the areas which surround the Blue Ridge Parkway as it traverses the borders of North Carolina and Virginia. They weave a web of wonderful rides through this rolling terrain. No other map of the region details as many great motorcycle rides as this one. It has become one of my favorite areas to ride in.
The rolling hill country of southern Virginia is full of fantastic scenic two lane roads that wind though the pastoral countryside and into North Carolina. Though the elevations are not as high as found elsewhere, there are plenty of long range views as well as great rides through forests, farmlands and historic sights dot the landscape. This is where the Blue Ridge Parkway was started and while there is more encroachment from the surrounding neighborhoods, don't be fooled by the views from the park. They are often better once you stray off it into the surrounding areas. I used to lay over further south. Now, I head here, it's just that good!
The Blue Ridge Parkway changes course in this area running more east-west than its usual north-south diagonal up the spine of the mountains as it makes the connection between the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virgina and the vaulty Black Mountain range in North Carolina. This motorcycle map is the most extensive and detailed compilation of these great roads, many of which intersect the Blue Ridge Parkway, some so obscure they are rarely discovered and enjoyed. Others, more well known, include scenic overlooks and views of stunning mountain parks.