On Map #2:
- Full color map on front, detailed directions and ride descriptions on back
- 200+ miles of the best rides boldly highlighted in red
- 100+ miles of good connecting roads highlighted in blue
- 90 miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Closest gas station to each Parkway exit, including remotely located stations
- Points of interest: Scenic points, waterfalls, motorcycle-friendly stops, etc.
- Easy to read color-coded road labels to aid navigation
- Mileage between road segments shown
- Overlaps and connects with adjacent maps
Cities and Towns:
Virginia: Blacksburg, Christiansburg, Floyd, Radford, New Castle, Pembroke, Shawsville, Riverside, Ferrum, Rocky Mount, Boone's Mill, Roanoke, Webster, Buchanan, Bedford, Lynchburg, Alta Vista, Hurt, Gretna, Fincastle, Troutville
- Handy, easy-to-use, accessible pocket-size - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and 11" x 17" unfolded
This map covers the great motorcycle roads found in the central mountains of Virginia. The highest ridge lines of the mountains are traced by 90 miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway which skirts the southern and eastern side of the city of Roanoke, the largest city along the 469 mile scenic roadway. The Smoky Mountains gain height as you go north from the city, and are lower and more rolling to the south. The Smokies in this region are distinctly separated by long valleys ripe with some spectacular motorcycle rides. There are also urbanized areas where the riding is not as enjoyable, and which you will want to avoid. This map will help you choose the best routes, and select the least congested and most entertaining rides when you find you must pass through the more developed areas.
Centered on the sprawling city of Roanoke, this motorcycle pocket map is complimented by maps north and south which give complete coverage of the Blue Ridge Parkway in this state. Few paved roads intersect the Blue Ridge Parkway through this region. Some of these are not much fun to ride. Others, highlighted in blue, are good roads to choose for making connections to the better rides found in the more remote areas surrounding the Blue Ridge Parkway. Find great roads within the urban landscape and how to make the quickest or most enjoyable excursions to those which lie nearby.
The best rides, highlighted boldly in red, offer some spectacular scenery and challenging curves through some of the most beautiful pastoral countryside often tracing the serpentine course of rushing streams and rivers through rugged and picturesque valleys or over high scenic passes. While there are some great motorcycle rides which connect directly to the Blue Ride Parkway, for the traveler who has a little extra time to wander, the rides beyond the nearest hilltop are worth the trip. This motorcycle map will guide you to them and put you on some of the best rides in areas that seem so remote and lost in time you'll forget the big city is just beyond the horizon.