On Map #7:
- Full color map on front, detailed directions and ride descriptions on back
- Best rides boldly highlighted in red
- Good connecting roads highlighted in blue
- Closest gas stations, including remotely located stations
- Points of interest: Scenic points, waterfalls, motorcycle-friendly stops, etc.
- Easy to read color-coded road labels to aid navigation
- Mileage between road segments shown
- Overlaps and connects with adjacent maps
Cities and Towns:
Tennessee: Punkin Center, Vonure, Tellico Plains
North Carolina: Murphy, Andrews, Robbinsville, Bryson City, Highlands, Franklin, Maggie Valley, Cherokee, Hayesville, Cashiers, Cullowhee, Sylva, Dillsboro, Tuckaseegee, Glenville
- Handy, easy-to-use, accessible pocket-size - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and 11" x 17" unfolded
This map describes the westernmost portion of North Carolina and the border lands of Tennessee, includes the south half of Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and portions of Georgia and South Carolina.
The three things that draw the most motorcyclists to the southern Appalachian Mountains are The Blue Ridge Parkway,Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and Deals Gap. The Parkway reaches its southern end at Cherokee, near the south entrance to Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and Deals Gap, home to the infamous "Tail of the Dragon," is less than an hour west.
Of all the roads in the Appalachian Mountains, the most notable (after the Blue Ride Parkway) is the section of US 129 which crosses the North Carolina / Tennessee border popularized as "The Tail of the Dragon" at Deals Gap. Infamous for the challenging collection of 318 curves within its 11 mile stretch at the southwest corner of Great Smoky Mountains National Park, both motorcyclists and car enthusiasts make the pilgrimage to enjoy the ride. Also included is another great road leading into Deals Gap from the east - "The Hellbender."